Thursday, January 28, 2010

Guest Book


This was a fun project. I got a hardcover book from a thrift shop. This one happened to have a back cover that is longer than the front cover. I cut out the pages of the book and  painted every surface in a white flat paint, on the inside I covered it with paper which I later stamped to give it texture. On the front cover I added applications of styrofoam pearls, beads and jewels. When the book is closed the longer tab is still visible. I decorated it with embossed intials. This tab will also help to hold the pen for guest to sign with.


On the inside I stamped the names of the bride and groom and the date. I added pages from a sketch pad I got at the art store and I cut them to fit the size of the book covers. The pages were also embossed with a label and details on every corner

No comments:

Post a Comment