Thursday, January 28, 2010

Flower Girl Basket



This flower basket was originally a very shiny, very fushia, party top hat. I got it from a dollar store. I turned it on its top, primed it, and painted it white on the inside and out. Once dry, I cut the excess edge from the top hat. Then I painted the outside blue. I used primer to keep the paint from chipping off. I Then I created a stencil on vellum using a daisy pattern punch to paint some flowers on the oustide of the basket with the white paint over the blue. To finish the paint job I used a pearlizing finishing paint that goes on sheer and adds the pearl shine to the paint. I then glued vellum cut-out daisy shapes with the same punch and I shaped the vellum to stick out like a flower petals and placed them on top of the daisies I had already painted using the stencils. I glued a half of a styrofoam pearl for the center of the flower. I also glued pearl rows to the bottom and the edge of the basket to cover any imperfections from cutting to size. I used wire to create three rows of pearls to use a handle for the basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment